Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Emerald City Comic Con

I had the opportunity to attend the Emerald City Comic Con two weekends ago. Here are the books I picked up there. Scott C. was in Artist Alley - I acquired the zombie/wolfman watercolor from him. Archaia Entertainment featured a two-for-one special (I purchased Tumor and Elegy for Amelia Johnson). Oni Press was on site and I purchased Crogan's March. I'm especially excited about picking up "Any Empire" which includes a sketch by creator Nate Powell. You can check out the sketch here. Also featured: the ECCC program guide, X-Force #98 (filling a nice hole in that run), Spaceman #1 (free from DC's booth), and DB Cooper #1 (from Oni's booth).


I also visited the Fantagraphics bookstore while in Seattle. I didn't indulge as heavily as you might expect; I was flying, after all. Still, it was neat to see the shop and so many of the books I've read or want to read. The store features a back room full of damaged books which are sold at 50% off cover price. Here's what I got at FB:

No comments: