Friday, October 23, 2015

The Jukebox Project

One day, I want to own a jukebox filled with 45s of my favorite songs from the 40s through today (but mostly 50s & 60s). The Jukebox Project will feature those songs (via YouTube video) and, occasionally, information about the song, performer, and/or the genesis of my interest in the piece.

To kick things off, I'm featuring a song I recently discovered in a short film. Each year, I watch 1200 to 1500 short films for the St. Louis International Film Festival. I'm continually exposed to songs and artists because of this, both new and old. This year, a song by Rita Cadillac caught my ear. I could not find the song online until it was just recently uploaded to YT, prompting me to finally begin this long-planned feature on this dusty, old blog. I can't remember the short film, but I definitely remember this song.

"Souvenirs, Souvenirs" by Rita Cadillac

No comments: