Thursday, May 8, 2008

I shall fight so that failure is possible.

This weekend there is a screening of Jean Luc Godard's "Le Mepris" at Webster University. This will be the second Godard film I've watched in the last week, the first being "Band of Outsiders." Of the French New Wave directors, I've seen more Godard works than any other, but have still yet to see his most well known and well regarded pieces: "Breathless," "A Woman is a Woman," and "Masculine Feminine."

My bosses have been preparing questions for our upcoming trivia night. The questions are really tough and really show how little I know about film, film history, and movies in general. This also increases my desire to learn more, watch more, and understand more about film. Let's hope the journey is a long one.

Here's a really cool trailer for the Godard film, "Masculine Feminine," it looks like a lot of fun.



(the title of this post comes from the Godard film "Alphaville" as spoken by Lemmy Caution)

No comments: