Tuesday, May 27, 2008

More than a lobby can hold...

Ah, Memorial Day weekend. The un-official start of summer: BBQ, hot days, and swimming. This weekend was nothing more than rain and more activities than I care to take part in usually. Friday, well for some reason I can't remember Friday. Saturday had Kara and I traveling through four different counties for various gatherings. First off we took in the wedding ceremony of K's friend, Brittany, in St. Charles. We then traveled to Troy, MO, to attend the graduation party for the daughter of family friends. We quickly scurried back to St. Chas for the reception of the wedding. Kara and I had a table to ourselves and that was quite enjoyable. Finally, we shuttled off to Arnold, MO, for a fantasy hockey league mangaers party (kings of cool, I tell ya!). Kara dropped me off and she headed home. I spent the next few hours debating and chortling over nothing important.

Sunday found Kara and I knee deep in bedroom restoration as we continue to finish an agonizing project. We completed all of the drywall and have begun mudding in hopes of painting in the coming weeks. We are very close to having a real bedroom again!

Sunday night we took in the new Indiana Jones movie. I feel like I have been stabbed in the heart through the butt. That's how painful this movie is. I'm not a huge fan of the Indiana Jones movies, but I've always found them to be a good time. This installment seemed very stilted, almost like watching a cardboard cutout of a movie.

Kara and I spent Memorial Day together in lazy fashion. We went to the Gypsy Caravan and Walked around for over half an hour avoiding the masses of people populating the place. We then headed to Kara's aunt and uncle's house for bbq. We did some much needed grocery shoppin on the way home before settling in for an hour's worth of "Arrested Development." The weekend ended too soon and now I'm back at work today.

The film camp is less than a week away and anticipation is running into overdrive. There is a screening of the Idaho Avenue Film Festival on Saturday and I'm nervously excited about that. It'll be interesting to see what type of turn out there is for something of its kind. The next two weeks will once again be non-stop, no time for anything except the task at hand thrill ride, but I'll keep you posted as much as I can. I'm still working on that Colorado post as well, trust me.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

We took in Indiana Jones this weekend, also. I was with it until Mutt started swinging through trees with 40 monkeys, then enlisted their aide in battling the Commies...the rest of the movie only got worse.