Friday, September 12, 2008

Why won't you love me?

Four years ago, I read an article about a video game I will never play. The article featured a discussion between David Duchovny and Marilyn Manson. I am a bit of a Duchovny fan, but have never been much for Manson. I don't know if it's my own bias, but he really comes off as narcissistic SOB. I hope that is not just a reflection of dislike for my own self. Regardless you can check out the link above for the full, interview, or here for the article as I read it (or page 1, 2, 3, & 4). I found it be a rather insightful converstation - the two share similar tastes and are interested in media structure and criticism. I was just put off by Manson's incessant need to baby-spoon feed Duchovny ideas and recommendations. Duchovny actually counters Manson by having read certain books or being familiar with certain techniques and themes. Much to Manson's dismay, I'm sure.

No comments: