Monday, February 11, 2008

Let's All Go to the Lobby!

I just got back in from a screening of "Jumper" starring Darth Vader and Mace Windu. The only thing I can say is that I'm glad I didn't pay for this. The special effects were top notch and the film features Jamie Bell of "Billy Elliot" fame, but that's about all it has going for it. I've never been a big Hayden Christensen, though I did enjoy "Shattered Glass." He just doesn't evoke more than a cardboard cut-out would have in the same role. Then there is the case of Samuel L. Jackson. He seems an actor capable performances and I've enjoyed him in "Black Snake Moan," "Die Hard: With a Vengeance," "Pulp Fiction," and "Unbreakable." He also has a handful of films that I would like to see (The Red Violin, The Caveman's Valentine, Resurrecting the Champ, and the forthcoming Frank Miller directed, "The Spirit"). It boggles my mind that he so readily takes on any role that comes across his desk, or his agent's desk, or his manager's desk, or whatever. He is heavily in demand and acting must be fun to him, so I guess I can't blame him. He should have stopped, however, when the casting agent told him he would look like this:



No comments: