Saturday, February 9, 2008

Oh, sweet Saturday!

Well, here I sit at the KDHX TV station, wasting the night away, as usual. The first part of the day, however, was spent in grand fashion as K-Dub and I did some shopping, had a great lunch, and watched a painfully slow, somewhat boring semi-documentary.

Star Clipper Comics had a Valentine's Sale and Kara and I hit with a bang. Of course, it was mostly me shopping, but that is beside the point. Kara picked up a nice Pocky bag for her cousin's birthday. I went on a spree and picked up the following pieces:

Superman: Red Son by Mark Millar, Dave Johnson, and Kilian Plunkett
Wimbledon Green by Seth
Maus by Art Spiegelman
The Escapist vol. 2 by various contributors (including Matt Kindt, who did the cover art)
and a couple of single issue comics

Afterwards, we had lunch at the Benton Park Cafe. This was a great place, located right across from Gus' Pretzels. Karu got a chicken salad sandwich and I had a BLT. First BLT I've had in a long time. I'm usually opposed to mayo, tomatoes, and lettuce, but today I indulged.

When we got home, we watched the documentary "Zoo." I was intrigued about this flick, especially because of the subject matter, but it kinda fell flat. It'll receive two stars on the old Netflix rating system. "The Devil and Daniel Johnston," was quite enjoyable, if a bit too long. DJ is quite imaginative, lonely, and crazy. His music is really inventive and pretty odd, which is why he became pretty popular in Austin, I guess.

Next Sunday should be pretty awesome as a nice collection of friends shall share breakfast and comics. First stop will probably be IHOP, followed by the Shrewsbury comic book show, and then the 25 cent sale at the St. Charles Fantasy Shop. Good times all around!

No comments: