Monday, December 17, 2007

Winter Wonderlands

This weekend saw about 8 inches of snow fall across our fair city.  It started sometime late Friday night or early Saturday morning, and by the time I got up for work there was already about 2 inches on the ground.  The roads were in decent shape and I arrived at KDHX safely to begin a day of sitting around and surfing the internet.  Or so I thought.  My boss, Kate, showed up and promptly put me to work entering new episodes into the database.  Midway through my shift I began feeling a bit nauseous and a headache coming on.  I didn't eat during my shift and was just looking forward to getting home.  Saturday was our holiday party.  The snow kept a few folks away, but we still ended up with about 15 courageous souls who braved the dangerous streets for our delicious spread of meats, cheeses, and other delectable snacks.  The night seemed to be a lot of fun for everyone, and hopefully we will be able to stage it again next year, weather permitting.


No comments: