Monday, March 17, 2008

Joy!

I've been really lazy about posting lately and I'm sorry for that. The post from Friday was actually just finished up a few minutes ago. I really haven't had much motivation for posting recently, but today I came across something that made me really excited. More on that in a minute.

Earlier today I went to a screening of "Paranoid Park." The film was sleepy and the main character was pensive and confused. A good flick, especially for a rainy day like today. Not my favorite Gus Van Sant film, but still a better movie than most of what's out in the megaplex.

I worked the comic book show yesterday and it was a moderate success. I got rid of a few things, cut some decent deals, and enjoyed my time spent with Jeff Elden and Matt Kindt. Big props to Jeff for helping out during the entire day, hopefully he has spread the love with his new mini, "Vicious Robot Tuesday."

I just read on Newsarama that Tim Sale has signed an exclusive contract with Marvel Comics. Exclusive contracts for writers and artists are not a new thing, but it's exciting because Sale will once again collaborate with Jeph Loeb on a Marvel hero: Captain America. I've always enjoyed the work the two have done, both separate and together (especially together). After conquering Spider-Man, Daredevil, and the Hulk, the two team up to take on the guy who is arguably Marvel's biggest icon. I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments: